We set the task at ERSA14:
and the sector responded.
A round up from the YellowBox Adviser Training Launch
The largest set of answers were about focusing on the person, and respecting their needs.
- Always treat every individual as an individual with dignity and respect. – George Selmer G4s
- Treat the people you work with as individuals and value what they share with you. – George Baines Standguide
- Treat everyone as a person not a statistic – your work can help change a life. – James Walsh Steps to Work
- See the Person – Mark Cosens i2i
- Keep the individual users interest at the forefront of everything you do. – Chris Reeves SRP
Another group concentrated on how Advisers should react
- Lots of empathy! – Patrick Hughes Salient Works
- People are complicated, Don’t panic, this is going to take time – Kirsty McHugh ERSA
- Don’t Judge a book by its cover – Kim Pattison ESG
- Do not judge your customers. Treat them as you would want to be treated – Jemma Johnstone SERCO
There were some lovely succinct answers
- Smile! – Helen Richardson, WorkPays
- Listen – Maria Cerezo Remploy
- Enthusiasm is infectious – Ros Allen Learn Direct
And some really practical advice
- Know your case load very well. Always do your customers CVs with them.– Richard Brooks RBLI
- Open your eyes and your ears and keep your mouth shut – Anonymous
- Get organised – Stewart Holdsworth, Serco
- Be confident – if you’re confident then your clients will have confidence in you – Jaroslava Rudavska IEP
- Talk to every employer you can – Anonymous
- Stick with it. – James Chessum Red 5 Solution
- Listen well, loads of positive energy. Smile and enjoy your candidates stories. – They’ve all got a story. Think of the needs of the Job Seeker. Gain their Trust. – Tina Lacey R3 Welfare & Skills
And a plug for professionalism we should all endorse!
- Join the IEP. – Rosa Osman Seetec
Thanks to everyone who took part.